Many people have asked us about what we would say is the best summer gadget for this year. Even though the product we have chosen is not a gadget but a tent.
We first saw the VW Camper tent last summer on Firebox.com and I saw one last year while on holiday and they are just awesome! I would love one, but the price is quite high at £299. The tent is roughly the same size as a classic VW Camper. Living in Cornwall means we see alot of VW Camper vans around during the summer and the tent would look fantastic in a cornish camp site. Below are the specs of the VW Camper Tent.
- Available in Blue, Red and Peppermint Green
- 1:1 Scale – same size as the original T1 Campervan (1965)
- Officially licensed
- Two zip-separated Double Size rooms
- Doors open, just like on the original
- Fly sheet doors seperate inner compartments
- 3000mm x 1000mm Waterproof groundsheet is sewn into the inside of tent
- Sleeps four adults
- Ropes & Pegs
- Setup Instructions
- External – measures approximately 398cm(L) x 187cm(H) x 155cm(D)
- Internal – measures approximately 388cm(L) x 182.5cm(H) x 145cm(D)
- When packed up measures approximately 85cm(L) x 35cm(H) x 35cm(D)
- Weighs approximately 12.5kg
We will be posting our top summer gadgets next week while we all have a weeks break. We wills till have content being published but w will not be here to reply to comments or tweets.
If you have a great summer gadget you would like us to talk about.
Leave a comment below with your ideas or pop us a tweet on @gromfrog